Last week I was meeting with one of my clients, Cloverleaf Local Schools and they had expressed the need for even more typing practice. I scoured the interwebs and brought together a few of my favorite free typing apps that you can roll out to your classroom today!
- If you are looking for adding badging to your classroom and your typing lessons Typingpal is the perfect site for you. As students progress through lessons, they earn different badges for different tasks. Check out Typing.com here: https://www.typing.com/
- If you are just looking for a few games for your students to check out for extra practice then have them navigate over to Learning Games for Kids .com
- If you have middle school or high school students that need to practice typing and you are looking for no frills, drill and kill app check out http://www.typingstudy.com/
- I am a huge fan of the gamification of learning and FreeTypingGame has quite a few free games for your students to improve their typing skills. http://www.freetypinggame.net/
- Typing scout is an app that I recently stumbled upon that is free for personal use and is a paid app for the classroom. https://typingscout.com/
- Key Hero is a great tool that allows you to see how you compare to other users across the world. https://www.keyhero.com/?ws
- Typing Cat is a great site that offers typing tests, typing games, and typing lessons so you can assign students different tasks based on their abilities. http://thetypingcat.com/
If you are looking for a great app that tracks your students and offers several different levels then check out Typing Pal. Note there is a cost associated with the different offerings.