Going #Chromando Project Update
I wanted to update everyone on my going “Chromando” project in which I will be using only the Chromebook for the next month or so.
Here are a few limitations I have found using the Chromebook:
- Photoshop and Lightroom- As a photographer I am always in these two programs. That being said I understand that this is not what this tool is for.
- Screen Recorder- I have not been able to find a screen recorder that works with the Chromebook. It seems like all of the websites that offer this are heavily based in Java.
- Projector Connection- I have been un-successful at finding an adapter that allows me to connect a VGA projector to my Samsung Chromebook.
Other then those few things everything is going swell so far.
These are the things I love so far:
- I love the instant on- For once the technology is not taking away from instructional time. Student can open their devices and they are ready to move!
- I love the speed- Being solid state, the read write times are extremely fast and I dont find myself waiting for any file transfer etc.
- I love the ease of use- I can put this device in front of anyone who has used a web browser and they can use the device.
A few other notes.
Today I received the Acer C7 as a demo unit. I really wish I could meld the Samsung and the Acer Chromebooks together and make one super Chromebook.
First thoughts on the Acer C7:
- VGA Connection
- More keys on the keyboard (Delete & Backspace)
- Spinning Disk Hard Drive
- Battery life
- Replaceable battery (Bad for students and loss issues)
- AC Adapter (Part that can be removed. I see loss issues)
If you have any suggestions or something to add please leave a comment!
Find Me Online:
Swift Methods Of no credit check payday loans Some Challenges For 2012
My name is TJ Houston.
I am the Director of Technology at Huron City Schools. I love integrating technology into the classroom and helping teachers find the way on the information super highway. Things I love: My family, My awesome Girlfriend, Technology, Education, and Photography.
I run PD sessions twice a week and run community training the first Saturday of the month. I love teaching people new things.