Staying Connected with @TeacherCast
Jeff’s enthusiastic support for his teaching colleagues does not end with just the TeacherCast website, however. Jeff has recently added TeacherCast University, an educational consulting service for teachers who are looking to expand their teaching practice with a more hands-on approach. Jeff is a frequent workshop presenter at Edcamps, TeachMeets and other educational conferences with the workshop topics ranging from technology integration to learning about Web 2.0 tools. Virtual workshops are also available for those looking for a more cost-efficient way of benefiting from Jeff’s expertise. The goal for each workshop is to provide engaging and relevant material whereby each attending colleague leaves with something new to add to their teaching methodology. TeacherCast University provides additional professional development opportunities as well such as conference keynote presentations and technology integration consults. For those teachers who are unable to attend a TeacherCast University workshop, Jeff also shares his expertise through highly engaging webinars. Below is the first TeacherCast webinar on Sandvox, an easy to use website creation tool for Mac.
1. TeacherCast Mobile App - Simply put, the TeacherCast iPhone/iPad app is “education at your fingertips”! This free, time-saving app easily allows educators to stay informed about the most current pedagogical practices, technologies, educational trends and much more. In fact, students can benefit from theTeacherCast Mobile App too by accessing a myriad of popular web tools and applications such as KidBlog. It is evident that this app is designed to be “the one app educators can use everyday.” Click here to download the TeacherCast mobile app.
2. App Reviews - These very popular teacher-tested app reviews are a definite educational treasure for teachers! TeacherCast‘s dedicated app reviewers, current classroom teachers themselves, recommend the best educational apps and suggest possible classroom activities for each. Click here to sample one of dozens of app reviews TeacherCast offers.
3. LiveBinder Gallery - A wide array of educational resources are shared by educators from around the world in this nicely organized LiveBinder Gallery. Clickhere to view the more than 15,000 LiveBinder resources!
4. TeacherCast TV - A library of educational videos are available ranging from tutorials on the latest technologies to keynote presentations. To sample one of the many screencast tutorials, refer to the video below.
5. Career Center - Looking for a job? The TeacherCast Career Center offers a central meeting place for both employers and employees to connect. To further assist prospective teachers, a search engine is available to help narrow down your choices.
6. TeacherCast Pinboard - A collection of educational links organized by topic that every educator will find very helpful. Links range from information about upcoming professional development opportunities to blogging tips.
Without a doubt, TeacherCast makes the task of staying connected very easy!
This is the first in a 3 part series about the benefits of staying connected withTeacherCast. Next week’s post will focus on the TeacherCast Podcasting Network – a network of very informative and highly engaging presentations featuring respected educators who share their knowledge and expertise on the most pertinent topics affecting education today.
This post has been cross posted, see original post here
Find Me Online:
My name is TJ Houston.
I am the Director of Technology at Huron City Schools. I love integrating technology into the classroom and helping teachers find the way on the information super highway. Things I love: My family, My awesome Girlfriend, Technology, Education, and Photography.
I run PD sessions twice a week and run community training the first Saturday of the month. I love teaching people new things.